. width: 230 height: 316″>.

British newspaper The Lord's day recently caught upwardly with Rihanna'due south dad, Ronald Fenty, who had some cherishing memories he shared about the Barbadian popstar.

Ronald spoke of how his girl, Robyn Fenty, known to the world as Rihanna, descend from humble beginnings to become the biggest popstar in the world. He fondly recalled the first fourth dimension he heard RiRi sing.

He said: "The first time I heard her sing she was three years old, lying on her bed with a hairbrush for a microphone.

"So, when she was seven, I heard her singing with our neighbour and I was amazed. She was doing the Aladdin song A Whole New World – it was so pretty I couldn't believe it."

"I made sure she went to schoolhouse and did well. She liked to dance and had natural rhythm but she wasn't doing all the schoolhouse productions and stuff. So her success came a chip out of the blue," he added.

But all was not well in the family unit, as 57 years former Fenty was in one case a drug addict. He told The Sun, "I did have a drug problem and Robyn did walk in and meet me taking drugs in our house. She was just a petty kid and it made her look at me, and other things, differently.

"Effectually the aforementioned time we were walking down the street with the kids and there was a guy sleeping on the sidewalk. Her mother said to Robyn, 'Your dad is going to end up like that'.

"I did not want my children to see me sleeping on the sidewalk and so I started making the changes. I had to surrender drugs for my family unit. I still kind of lost them, I divide up with my wife. Only I notwithstanding had to do it for myself and eventually I beat information technology."

Fenty too revealed how Rihanna use to make money growing up, which could explain her work ideals as a recording artist.

He revealed: "She used to sell stuff on the side of the street like I did. She'd come outside of the store and put upward a rack and sell hats and belts and scarves.

"She would also purchase sweets, put them in packages and have them to school to sell to her friends for a turn a profit."

On the affair of Chris Brown Fenty said, "It was really tough seeing the pictures of her browbeaten up."

"But I accept forgiven him. He has lost and so much from one stupid fault. So me making him feel fifty-fifty worse makes no sense. I feel distressing for him now."

Rihanna rise to fame began as a teenager at but 15. She won a school talent pageant then was introduced to American producer Evan Rogers, who was on vacation in Barbados. He land her a deal with hip hop mogul Jay-Z and the rest every bit you know it is history.

Your thoughts below